Aims & Objectives of the Course
1. Review of general considerations on radiographic technics: 2D versus 3D, what do we gain and what do we lose. Radiation doses from dentist’s and patient’s perspective. Children as a special group.
2. Selecting adequate parameters and modalities: Choosing the right field of view and the right protocol. Artefacts and limitations – when CBCT is not enough: CT and MRI.
3. CBCT indications and recommendations of internationally recognized forums
4. Practice with examples of CBCT images for different application for general dentistry and in more detail for orthodontics – emphasis on included teeth- position, resorption, placing mini implants, working with the implantologist in creating space, TMJ, cleft palate.
5. Conventional cephalometric analysis vs 3-D analysis.
6. Aspects of orthognathic surgery and 3-D surgical simulation
7. Prototyping and 3D printing- a few words.
DR. MAGDALENA MARINESCU GAVA
Dr. Magdalena Marinescu Gava graduated from University of Oulu, Finland in 2002 and received the title of specialist in Oral and maxillofacial radiology in 2011 from Turku University, Finland. Dr Magdalena is a member of Finnish Dental Society, European Academy of DentoMaxilloFacial Radiology and International Association for DentoMaxilloFacial Radiology and currently works as a Consultant in Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology in Helsinki Central University Hospital Finland as well as in private practice .
In 2014-2015 she was a visiting academician and part-time specialist in Hamdan Bin Mohammed College of Dental Medicine in Dubai. Dr Magdalena holds a valid DHCC license as Specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology.
She has a keen interest in research, with 19 published peer-reviewed articles and presentations in European and International congresses.
DR. ABDELHAKIM EL-GHERIANI
Dr. El-Gheriani completed his postgraduate training in Orthodontics at the University of Colorado, USA in 2006 after earning his DMD from the University of Pittsburgh, USA in 2002. He also holds an MS in Human Genetics from the University of Pittsburgh, BDS from Benghazi University, and an MSD from the University of Colorado. He served on the faculty at the University of Pittsburgh and more recently was Assistant Professor of Orthodontics and Clinic Director at the European University College (formerly Nicolas and Asp University College), Dubai. Dr. El-Gheriani is a member of the American Association of Orthodontists as well as the Emirates Society of Orthodontists. He is licensed in the USA, Libya, Dubai and Dubai Healthcare City and is registered at Mediclinic City Hospital