Aims & Outcomes of the Course
1. Review of radiation theory: what is it, effects on human tissue, how we use it: different techniques, their applicability and use in general dentistry. Doses and how to put in perspective from dentist and patient point of view.
2. From 2D to 3D: panoramic tomography vs CBCT, errors and usual pitfalls.
3. Unfold CBCT techniques and challenges: Field of views and special conditions, artefacts and limitations.
4. Review CBCT indications and recommendations of internationally recognized forums
5. Practice with examples of CBCT images for different applications: implants, minor oral surgery, endodontics, periodontics, orthodontics, TMJ, cyst and tumors, trauma, bone lesions.
6. Good practice considerations.
Dr. Magdalena Marinescu Gava graduated from University of Oulu, Finland in 2002 and received the title of specialist in Oral and maxillofacial radiology in 2011 from Turku University, Finland. Dr Magdalena is a member of Finnish Dental Society, European Academy of DentoMaxilloFacial Radiology and International Association for DentoMaxilloFacial Radiology and currently works as a Consultant in Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology in Helsinki Central University Hospital Finland as well as in private practice .
In 2014-2015 she was a visiting academician and part-time specialist in Hamdan Bin Mohammed College of Dental Medicine in Dubai. Dr Magdalena holds a valid DHCC license as Specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology. She has an keen interest in research, with 19 published peer-reviewed articles and presentations in European and International congresses.