Outcomes of the Course
- Introduction to Lasers and explanation of Erbium laser uses
- Periodontic applications and how to use the laser to treat pockets
- Cleaning canals, endodontics
- Implantology: Uncovering cover screws without anaesthesia
- Soft tissue surgeries, haemangiomas, venous lakes, frenectomies, mucosa disorders, gingival sculpting…
- Crown lengthening (closed and opened), osteotomies.
- How to perform cavity preparation with laser
- Laser osteotomy
- Management of soft tissues around the implant, especially for immediate implantation
- Laser delivery tips and indications
- How to take care of your laser – protocol for daily use
To inform on the various applications of the laser in dentistry. The practical use in conservative dentistry, endodontics, periodontology, oral surgery and prosthodontics will be demonstrated in detail.
Background: Dentistry of today has scientifically advanced in the last 50 years. New technologies have made treatments easier and more predictable. With the vast offer of new devices for dental applications, it is overwhelming and a difficult decision to choose which is the correct apparatus to purchase.
Methods: A literature review is conducted in order to perform this presentation.
Implications: The application of lasers in dental practices results in significant advantages that dental practitioners should consider. Answering questions related to the cost-effectiveness of their use, how they serve to complement several procedures efficaciously making it easier to perform, saving time and working under safe conditions.
Conclusion: When using lasers to complement daily dental practice, clinically they produce less swelling, less pain and faster tissue healing.
General Dental Practitioner graduated from the University of Oslo, Norway in 1997. A member of the Spanish Society of Laser Oral Application (SELO) and the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD).
Dr Trelles is currently undertaking a PhD in Laser Dentistry at the University of Barcelona, Spain. She has completed a Master in Oral Laser Applications at the University of Barcelona, Spain, a Master in Implantology at the University of Warwick, UK and a graduate of Kois Centre, Seattle, USA.
Dr Kathrin Trelles is currently undergoing accreditation with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD). She has been practicing in Dubai since 1999.