Dentistry of today has scientifically advanced in the last 50 years. New technologies have made treatments easier and more predictable. With the vast offer of new devices for dental applications, it is overwhelming and a difficult decision to choose which are the correct apparatus to purchase.
The course covers the various applications of the laser in dentistry. The practical use in conservative dentistry, endodontics, periodontology, oral surgery and prosthodontics will be demonstrated in detail.
OUTCOMES AND OBJECTIVES:
1. Introduction to Lasers and explanation of Erbium laser uses
2. Periodontic applications and how to use the laser to treat pockets
3. Cleaning canals, endodontics
4. Implantology: Uncovering cover screws without anaesthesia
5. Soft tissue surgeries, haemangiomas, venous lakes, frenectomies, mucosa disorders, gingival sculpting…
6. Crown lengthening (closed and opened), osteotomies.
7. How to perform cavity preparation with laser
8. Laser osteotomy
9. Management of soft tissues around the implant, especially for immediate implantation
10. Laser delivery tips and indications
11. How to take care of your laser – protocol for daily use
- A literature review is conducted in order to perform this presentation.
- The application of lasers in dental practices results in significant advantages that dental practitioners should consider. Answering questions related to the cost-effectiveness of their use, how they serve to complement several procedures efficaciously making it easier to perform, saving time, and working under safe conditions.
- When using lasers to complement daily dental practice, clinically they produce less swelling, less pain, and faster tissue healing.
CERTIFIED COURSE, HANDS-ON AND ASSESSMENT:
DHA AND KHDA CERTIFIED
Demonstrative treatments by experts & Hands on
- Use of lasers to practice specific procedures
- Live patient demonstration
Dentists, Technicians, Specialists