Course 2: Lecture
• Laser applications in aesthetic cutaneous treatments
• Laser tissue interaction
• Laser effects in the laboratory
• How and in which way can I collaborate with MDs in laser treatments.
• Complimentary treatments
• Laser and light maintenance systems for optimal performance.
The aim of this course permits participants to be familiarized with light/tissue interaction, clinical research and applications of lasers and light systems.
– Also to get the basic knowledge on applications of lasers in clinics for cosmetics; to be aware of the current situation of medical and surgical indications of lasers and IPL systems, and in the use of LLLT; to learn about the present state of technology and related precautions, and maintenance of the light systems.
At the end of the course participants should be able to be aware and implement lasers and light systems for therapy. Cosmetologists will receive teaching for identifying effects produced by light energy for cosmetic applications. Participants will familiarize with the fundamentals of photo-skin therapy and care in order to practice and help, assisting physicians.
Mario A. Trelles, MD PhD is internationally renowned for his expertise and contributions to laser advances in medicine and surgery. He is specialist in General, Plastic-Aesthetic & Reconstructive Surgery (Barcelona, Spain), and is Maxima Cum Laude Doctorate in Medicine and Surgery (PhD), by the University of Seville, Spain. American Board’s Certificate for Lasers in Plastic-Aesthetic Surgery. Dr. Trelles has since shared his experience as a professor at various European Universities and by editing chapters and books, and over 350 scientific manuscripts on advances in lasers applications.
He has hold executive positions at numerous professional medical organizations and is Honorary Member of societies around the globe devoted to medicine, lasers, anti-aging and aesthetic surgery; including present terms as President of the European Laser Association (ELA) and the Spanish Society for Lasers in Medicine and Surgery (SELMQ). Honor President of ESLAS: The European Society for Laser Aesthetic Surgery.
Academically, he is Chairman Professor & Coordinator of The Master in Laser Applications in Medicine and Surgery for Post Graduated Medical Doctors at the Official Medical School & Barcelona University and, presently, is Visiting Professor in Laser Plastic and Cutaneous Surgery at Brno University (Czech Republic) and the Universita del Sacro Cuore, Dermatology School, Rome.