Laser treatments at Vilafortuny?
Lasers are used for either hard or soft tissue procedures. Hard tissue refers to the teeth, and soft tissue refers to the gums.
Vilafortuny provides optional use of the laser in compliment or isolation to traditional dental methods.
- Treating tongue frenulum attachment – Frenectomy, the surgical removal of a strip of a tissue called Frenum (tongue-lip tie), can cause speech impediments, recession of gum or separation of teeth, are procedures that can be performed well with laser dentistry.
- Removing soft tissue folds – Lasers can remove soft tissue folds from ill-fitting dentures without pain or sutures.
- Crown lengthening – Often used in aesthetic cases, it involves reshaping of both gum tissue and bone to improve aesthetics and structure in restoration cases.
- Gummy smile treatments – Reshaping gum tissue associated with “gummy smile,” in which the gums’ length covers much of the tooth is a very common use.
- Veneer removal – Removing veneers that are either old, damaged or require replacement is significantly easier with the use of lasers.
Other laser procedures include:
- Removing lesions – Lasers can provide instant relief from painful cold sores and blisters, eradicating the recurrence of such lesions with suture-free methods.
- TMJ (temporomandibular joint) treatment – Lasers can help reduce pain and inflammation in the joints.
- Teeth whitening – Lasers speed up the bleaching process during teeth-whitening sessions.
Common hard tissue procedures include:
- Tooth preparations and dental fillings – Lasers can kill bacteria in a cavity, which can aid in the long-term health of a tooth.
- Treating tooth sensitivity – Teeth that have sensitivity to hot and cold can be treated with dental lasers.
What types of lasers are used?
Vilafortuny is a support of the Waterlase from Biolase. BIOLASE is the world’s leading innovator in dental lasers.
- We take the dread of coming to the dentist leaving the fearful drill locked away.
- There is reduction in the use of sutures with soft tissue lasers.
- Bleeding is limited as the laser promotes blood clotting.
- Faster healing time and regeneration of tissue.
- The laser is ideal to limit the spread of bacterial infections due to the sterilization properties of using such a precise and effective tool.
- The high level of accuracy promotes higher quality treatment and reduces the risks of damaging surrounding areas.
- A number of procedures will are needle free (no anesthesia).
Like any dental apparatus used in the hands of an untrained professional, the laser represents a significant risk. Luckily at Vilafortuny all professionals that use laser have the highest level of knowledge and are abreast on the latest techniques in the use of lasers.